About the company
Exceeding in all seven Quality Standard areas, this centre is passionately committed to creating an inclusive environment that supports the holistic development of every child in their care.
Their core values of love, nurture and educate enable them to bring a sense of connection and belonging to each child's early years.
Through creating and reinforcing positive learning experience, they encourage a natural sense of wonder and spark a curiosity within that will grow into a lasting excitement for learning.
About the role
As the Room Leader you will execute the daily operations of the room to ensure an early learning program and care are of the highest standard. You will deliver the educational program for your room through intentional activities, an extension of spontaneous activities and interests and family input.
Your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Establish, nurture and foster collaborative partnerships with families and communities to achieve quality learning and development outcomes for children.
- Establish, nurture and foster strong relationships with children to achieve quality learning and development outcomes.
- Build a supportive relationship with families to allow for honest and open communication of expectations and needs.
- Ensure daily communication to families about their child’s day – communication diary, emails etc.
- Partake in professional performance and practice strategies to improve performance capabilities and further professional learning.
- Ensure the inclusion and equality of all cultures and backgrounds at your center.
- Engage in shared, sustained interactions with children which build warm, trusting relationships.
- Complete curriculum planning sheets and reflections to ensure curriculum decision-making process is fully and appropriately implemented. The full planning cycle must be evident on a continual basis.
Skills & experience
- Minimum of Diploma level Early Childhood qualification
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Medical Clearance
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Current approved First Aid Certificate
- Current approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a qualified educator in an early childhood setting
- Sound understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-5 years
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), the National Quality framework (NQF) and the National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Effective communication skills – with families, staff and children
- Effective programming skills
- Effective customer service skills
What are the BENEFITS:
- A great team and a fulfilling environment where you can make a difference
- Above award wages
- Above ratio staff resourcing and support
- An opportunity to grow your career with educational assistance and support
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Genuine warmth, care and support
- Lots of fun, including celebrating successes via gift vouchers and recognition rewards
- Regular social events to enjoy
- Discounted childcare
- Referral bonuses for referring educators or families
This is an opportunity not to be missed! If you would like to know more, contact us on 02 9167 1919 or APPLY NOW!