This centre provides education and care to around 70 children between the ages of 0-6 years per day offering a strong Preschool program. They are open between 7:30 am and 6 pm and situated minutes from the city and directly off the Eastern Distributor.
The centre focuses on the individual child’s strengths, interests and needs. The children will engage in and learn through the environment and play-based experiences and along the way will meet and develop important milestones.
About the role
This role is to take on the day to day running of the Preschool Room and as the Educational Leader, you will drive the implementation and delivery of the educational program, whilst ensuring the establishment and growth of meaningful relationships with children and families.
Your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Deliver the educational program through intentional activities, extension of spontaneous activities and interests and family input
- Leading and being part of reflective discussions about practice and implementing the learning framework
- Mentoring a team of up to 8 other educators by leading quality practice
- Discussing routines and how to make them more effective learning experiences
- Observing children and educator interactions, and making suggestions on how to improve interactions and intentional teaching
- Working with other early childhood professionals such as maternal and child health nurses and early childhood intervention specialists
- Consider how the program can be linked to the community by working with other community services and groups such as Aboriginal Elders
- Establishing systems across the service to ensure there is continuity of learning when children change room or attend other services, and then in their transition to school
Skills & experience
- ECT or overseas ACECQA recognised ECT qualification
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Clearance Certificat
- Current approved First Aid Certificate
- Current approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Minimum of 1 year working as an Educational Leader
- Sound understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-5 years
- Strong Knowledge and experience of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), the National Quality framework (NQF) and the National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Effective communication skills – with families, staff and children
- Positive leadership skills
- Strong programming skills
Benefits & culture
- Great work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- Positive culture and supportive team
If you are passionate about developing the future of children in an environment that provides rich and meaningful experiences for children, enjoy a challenge, and want to work for a growing organisation, APPLY now!