About the company
This is a family-owned long daycare centre located in the inner south west suburb of Belmore, which believes the early childhood years are the most important in a child's life.
Their philosophy has five key aspects which they believe helps provide a supportive and nurturing environment for children to thrive in, including forming educational programs based on children's interests so they feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to learn; building a community that values children, respects their rights and gives them love; and values diversity and respects differences in everyone.
About the role
As the Room Leader of the Nursery, you will execute the daily operations of the room to ensure an early learning program and care are of the highest standard. You will deliver the educational program for your room through intentional activities, an extension of spontaneous activities and interests and family input.
Your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Establish, nurture and foster collaborative partnerships with families and communities to achieve quality learning and development outcomes for children.
- Establish, nurture and foster strong relationships with children to achieve quality learning and development outcomes.
- Build a supportive relationship with families to allow for honest and open communication of expectations and needs.
- Ensure daily communication to families about their child’s day – communication diary, emails etc.
- Partake in professional performance and practice strategies to improve performance capabilities and further professional learning.
- Ensure the inclusion and equality of all cultures and backgrounds at your center.
- Engage in shared, sustained interactions with children which build warm, trusting relationships.
- Complete curriculum planning sheets and reflections to ensure curriculum decision-making process is fully and appropriately implemented. The full planning cycle must be evident on a continual basis.
Skills & experience
- Minimum of Diploma level Early Childhood qualification
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Medical Clearance
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Current approved First Aid Certificate
- Current approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a qualified educator in an early childhood setting
- Sound understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-5 years
Knowledge and experience of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), the National Quality framework (NQF) and the National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Effective communication skills – with families, staff and children
- Effective programming skills
- Effective customer service skills
Benefits & culture
- Small but very passionate team
- Home-like environment
- Very inclusive
- Social events
- Personal Development Workshops
- Career Progression Opportunities
If you are a passionate and dedicated Early Years Professional either APPLY NOW! Or call us on 02 9167 1919 to find out more!