About the company
This privately-owned early learning centre is located in the Northern Suburbs of Perth City. This suburb is dotted with playgrounds, cul-de-sacs and parks, being a beautiful and safe place for children and growing families. The service is a 110 place centre divided into five rooms, catering for children from six weeks to five years old. This centre believes its primary purpose is to help foster children's growth and imagination by providing them with a safe, nurturing and homely environment.
They have an enthusiastic team of 15+ staff members passionate about the early years' sector, with an Early Childhood Teacher running a school readiness programme across the centre. Each room's curriculum plan abides by the Early Years Learning Framework and uses a play-based approach, closely following the Reggio Emilia teaching method. The environments are filled with greenery, natural materials and resources, which creates a calm and relaxing space where educators can support children's learning and development.
About the Role
To be successful, you will lead a high performing team of committed educators in providing high-quality programs emphasising developing meaningful relationships with children and families.
Your role will include
- Having the opportunities to expand on your inner entrepreneur, having your input valued, e.g. rolling out new ideas for the centre, marketing, new practices
- Leading by example, being the enthusiastic role model for your educators
- Managing a team of 15 + staff members, guiding the team through assessment and rating, leading to an exceeding rating
- Ensuring a Reggio Inspired programme is provided for all children enrolled at the centre
- Working in partnership with families in providing quality care and education for children
- To lead the team in a positive and effective manner
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or Diploma in Children's Services (overseas qualifications need to be ACECQA assessed)
- Previous experience in a Director/2IC role
- Strong understanding of the EYLF, NQF and ACECQA Assessment and Rating process (The candidate must have previously gone through assessment and rating)
- A dynamic personality, creativity and evident ear passion for early childhood education
- Strong leadership skills
- Friendly and positive attitude to create a cohesive work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who values, respects and extends children's learning and development
- You will be required to attend and answer the following:
- Two referees from previous companies/organisations
- Face/Video interview
- Examples of earlier achievements in other roles
- Examples of previous challenges you have overcome in previous roles
- Your personal and professional development goals
- Your career and personal goals over the next 1-5 years
For more information about this beautiful opportunity, call Bronwyn on (08) 92278084 or email Bronwyn@murdockrecruitment.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you.